1. Dating Safety Guide Definitions
All three documents are available on PriveTalk’s application registration page, on PriveTalk’s application’s “About” section, and also at the footer of the official website https://privetalk.com/.
The Dating Safety Guide’s purpose is to give you guidance on how to enjoy a meaningful online dating experience while doing your best to keep yourself, your data, and your privacy safe. Here at SocioBright Ltd, (“company, “we,” or “us“), we want our users to be and feel safe when using our application(s) and website(s) (collectively, the “Services“).
This document’s purpose is to help you take the necessary steps to enhance your safety when using our services and when you pursue a real date with someone you met via our services. Please, however, have in mind that all actions and consequences that occur by using our services are your sole responsibility. Please review our Terms & Conditions document for more details on the subject.
In the document, “you” refers to you as the user of the PriveTalk application or website and its related services, who are entitled to use our provided services by reading, understanding, complying, accepting, and all the terms and provisions found in the Agreement.
2. Dating Safety Tips
2.1. General Description
In SocioBright Ltd, we have as our top priority the safety of our users, as reflected in all of our products, including PriveTalk. We do our best to make our documents, such as the Agreement, including the Online Dating Safety Guide, easy to understand and transparent. We encourage you to read this Online Dating Safety Guide carefully before and when using our application or services.
We suggest reviewing more dating safety guidelines to develop a more complete idea of how to protect yourself again any harm. Such content can be the Online European Online dating Safety Guidelines, among others.
2.2. Acceptance of the Dating Safety Guide & the Agreement
By either registering, using, or subscribing to the Services, you confirm that you have read and consent to the entire Dating Safety Guide document and the entire Agreement as defined in section 1 of this document.
By using our Services, you agree that you will do your best to follow all of the from now-on safety tips (as stated in sections 2.3 and 2.4) that are here to advise you on how to increase the safety and enjoyment of your dating experience possibly. However, despite how well you follow this guide, you understand that by using our Services, you accept that your interactions with other users/people and the consequences of such interactions are your sole responsibility.
Also, by using our Services, you accept that our Company is not liable for any damages or consequences that may occur to you. Please read our Terms & Conditions document again, including section 2.15, which describes in more detail your interactions with other users, and section 2.14 which describes in more detail the limitation of liability.
2.3. Online Dating Safety Tips
- Be very cautious when sharing a non-sensitive account or other personal information with strangers. Prefer to speak about general topics instead of personal matters when speaking to people you don’t know well.
- We advise you to refrain from sharing very personal photographs or other intimate content with the people you are talking via our private chat, even if those people have gained your trust. We do our best to secure the content you share but there is no guarantee that the other user will not be able to bypass our security and use this content against you.
- Chat for at least a few days until you get to know someone better and verify his/her sincerity before choosing to exchange Personally Identifiable Information (PII) such as your social media account(s) or your telephone number.
- Always ask someone you are interested in to connect to his/her other social media accounts before arranging a date. When connected, check the authenticity of those social media accounts by looking for indications such as complete profile information, a genuine friends list, an active public profile, a variety of uploaded content such a photos that identify clearly the person
- Always prefer to chat with someone for a few weeks before you decide to meet with him/her, and do so only when you know this person well and have verified his/her identity.
- Prefer to talk to people with all three verifications on their PriveTalk profile. That will mean that our company keeps presumably accurate information about how they look; their social media account information; and credit card/billing information, among other information. All three verifications make it less likely for a person to be a scammer.
- Be always suspicious of people who ask you too many personal or private questions from the very beginning or try to get personal information from you in an indirect way.
- Be always careful for users that behave in a suspicious or/and fraudulent way that is against our Terms of Service. Such forbidden behavior may include engaging in unauthorized activity or/and sharing unauthorized content. A detailed explanation of such content can be found in sections 2.6 and 2.7 in PriveTalk’s Terms & Conditions document. If you encounter such violators, please report them immediately by clicking the “report profile” button at the bottom of the user’s profile screen or by selecting the “report user” button found in the message menu options on every open personal communication screen.
2.4. Meeting Someone in Person – Offline Dating Safety Tips
2.4.1. Before the Actual Date
- Always have the phone call number of the person you are planning to go out to for a first date at least a few days in advance before the actual date. Be sure to exchange texts and at least one phone call before setting up the first date/meeting.
- Let a close friend(s)/relative(s) know the location and the time the date will take place, and inform the person you are dating that you’re sharing this information with someone else.
- Always think of an excuse ready prior to meeting with your date that you can use in order to leave earlier if the date that doesn’t go well.
- Arrange your own transportation to and from the meeting place. Never agree to meet at someone’s house or your own home or share your living address until you get to know really well the person you are dating.
- Ensure your date has a limited predefined duration and a predefined meeting location at a public place. We recommend 1-2 hours, but not more than this, and preferably before nighttime.
2.4.2. During the Actual Date
- Let the person you are meeting know that you are meeting with someone else (friend or family) right after your date or that someone (friend/family/roommate) is waiting for you to get home at a specific time.
- Arrange a check-up phone call with one of your close friends/family one hour after your expected meeting time with your date and also 30 minutes before the end of your date. Another check-up call 30 minutes/1 hour after your date has ended is also recommended.
- If you feel or see that your date isn’t going too well for any reason, say politely the excuse you have mentioned before and leave earlier. Try not to look upset in front of your date, and let him/her know that you had a good time.
- While on your date, avoid drinking too much, and never to the extent that you may become drunk.
- Always safeguard your personal belongings. Never leave your mobile phone or other personal items unattended while you are on your date.
- Check frequently for the time, and try not to stay for much longer on your date than what you already agreed. If the person you are dating insists on staying for longer, politely reply that you can arrange for another date soon.
2.5. Changes to this Document
We will occasionally update this document with relevant information to help further enhance your dating experience. When we post changes to this document, we will revise the “last updated” date at the bottom of this document. We recommend that you check regularly for any changes in this Dating Safety Guide and review it to remind yourself of the possible actions that can improve your safety while using our online dating services or when pursuing an actual date.
2.6. How to contact us
If you have any questions about this guide, please contact us at safety (at) privetalk.com. In your email, please include your full name, the email you use to sign in PriveTalk, your company name, country of residence, and contact telephone number.
If you have any questions about the other documents of the Agreement, please consult those documents on how to contact us.
Our customer service team will be glad to provide you with support in a timely and efficient manner.
2.7. Last Revision Date
This document was last revised on March 24th, 2023.