1. INTRODUCTION & DEFINITIONS
In this document and in the Agreement, “you” refers to you as the user of the PriveTalk application(app) or of any of PriveTalk’s related Service(s) including its website. As the user of PriveTalk, you are entitled to use our provided Service only by reading, understanding, complying, accepting and following the terms and provisions found in the Agreement.
“Service” refers to the access or use of any of SocioBright’s products and services, including your access and use of the PriveTalk application or website. The term “user” refers to the user of the Service, regardless of when or for how long the Service was used.
2.1. General Description
2.3. Information we collect about you
When you register, use or subscribe to any of our Services, we may collect a variety of information including:
- Sensitive Account informationsuch as your full name, date of birth, email address, PriveTalk password, phone number, billing/living address, credit card data and related billing information, that allow PriveTalk to personalize your contact/customer experience, monitor your account security and securely process your payments. That information is confidential and you should not share it with any PriveTalk users.
- Public Account Information including first name, age, gender, gender of sexual preference and manually set location (or GPS location if you wish), that will be shared publicly on your profile to ensure a high standard of online dating experience.
- Other Personal Informationsuch as appearance characteristics, smoking/drinking habits, known languages, education level, occupation, religion, zodiac sign, GPS location, interests etc. Those information are voluntarily completed by you, and will be shared with all users visiting your profile. The purpose of those information are to allow other users to know you better and identify common information with you, or search for you based on some specific characteristics on our customized search tool.
- Uploaded Content Information such as the personal pictures and other personal data that you upload on your profile. At least one uploaded personal picture has to be verified by us in order for you to unlock the chatting mode with other users for free. In the verification process, three consecutive verification purpose pictures will be taken live in order for us to confirm that the user has uploaded his/her real pictures. The personal pictures uploaded by the user will be shared publicly among PriveTalk users while the verification purpose pictures will be kept hidden from PriveTalk users and used strictly for moderation purposes.
- Your Communication with Other Users. Currently when our users exchange information by messaging each other they see an expiration timer that starts counting once the user who received the new information opens the message. The expiration timer for all messages is set by default at 7 days, meaning that in approximately 7 days after both users view the new information, the specific information will expire from their screens. However, users who have an active subscription can manually set/change the expiration time for the messages that they send to be less than the 7 days. Even though the exchanged information may thus expire in 7 days or less from both the sender’s and the receiver’s phones, our company may keep records of all the exchanged information for a longer period of time for safety and moderating reasons. For these reasons, the company by default is keeping the records all personal communication information for one month, and after that period of time this information is automatically set to be deleted from our records permanently. However, the company reserves the right to change the time that it keeps such information with or without any notice.
- Your Communication with Us. We collect information that you send to us (such as emails or via the contact us form found in the PriveTalk app), comments that you post on the pages we have on a third-party service, such as our YouTube, Twitter and Facebook pages and messages that you send us directly through those services.
- Information from Social Media Accounts. If you choose to integrate a third-party social media account such as Facebook, Google+ or Vkontakte with our services, you permit PriveTalk to access certain information about you that is made available from the connected Social Networking Site. The information obtained by PriveTalk varies by Social Networking Site and may be affected by the privacy settings you establish at that Social Networking Site, but can include information such as your name, email, profile picture, gender, age or birthday, language, location, interests, contacts’ list, friends’ lists and other information. Specifically, when choosing to connect your Facebook account to PriveTalk, you grant to the app permissions to obtain your email address that will be used as your default email when creating your account and that should not be shared among other PriveTalk users. Additional information we can collect by your Facebook account is your friend list, age range, gender, public profile and Facebook profile url and that information should be publicly available among other PriveTalk users. Accepting this integration means that you agree that this information can be shared among other users of the app. Regarding your friend list, only common friends who both use PriveTalk and Facebook services will show on your as your “Common Friends” on the appropriate app sections, and only if both PriveTalk users have chosen to give us those permissions by connecting Facebook with our app.
- Information Provided by Others.We may be provided with information relating to you or your conduct on the Services by other users of the Services. We also collect information that third-party organizations may provide to us, such as contact details, demographic information, internet navigation details, credit reference or fraud prevention information. Financial institutions or payment processors may also provide us updated payment information or payment methods related to your paid account or paid subscription.
- Information Automatically Collected.When you access the Services we may automatically record information from your device and its software about your participation and actions on the Services, by using in-house or third party technologies such as cookies and web beacons.
We may collect all of the information mentioned in this document through a website or a mobile application or other means. By using the Service, you agree that you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service.
2.4. How we use the information we collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you:
- manage your account and provide you with a high quality of customer support;
- protect our users’ safety and maintain a respectful social community that uses our products;
- deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in our products, services, or content;
- communicate with you by email, mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or from third parties;
- develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms and Conditions and in our Agreement and
- perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf. Also, if you access our Service from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
2.5. With whom we share your information
- Information Shared with Other Users. When you register or use our services, your PriveTalk public profile data will be viewable by other users of the Service within various areas in the Service.
- Service providers/ 3rd Parties. We may share information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. Those third parties include Facebook, Google, and Instagram. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality and technical assistance, or other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their explicitly assigned functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Other Situations. Also in extraordinary cases we may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Terms or other agreements or policies.
2.6. How We Contact You
We may contact you personally by email, mail, in-app notification, in-app private messages, push notification or other communication tools.
To change specific communication settings or privacy settings, please use the “settings” menu found on our main menu screen of our PriveTalk application.
Customer Service Requests may be answered either by your account email, or directly via our secure direct messaging in-app platform facilitated by our PriveTalk application. To submit a Customer Service ticket please use the “contact us” button found in the “about” section at the main app menu screen.
2.7. How we protect your personal information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure, with encrypted technologies, expiration timers, anti-hacking third-party and in house tools, and strong moderation, among other safety features that are offered in our apps. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although our high efforts to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other information will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal and private information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft, and also be sure to read our Dating Safety Guide document for advices regarding your personal safety when using online dating services.
2.8. Minor’s privacy
Although our Service is a general audience Service, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from people under the age of 18.
2.9. E-mail Subscriptions & Lists
If you agree to all our Terms/Agreement and positively check the opt-in box this action gets you automatically subscribed to our email lists that can be used for marketing, customer services, account security, account moderation or legal compliance. If you do not provide consent for your email to subscribed to any of our email lists, then you have the right to contact us as described on sections 2.10 and 2.12 and asked to be removed from those email lists.
Please note that we have the right to add additional means of asking you to subscribe to our email lists or any other marketing list besides the ones described in detail above. However, in every case we will make clear to you that you need to actively understand and give consent to subscribe to any of our marketing lists and that you need to actively opt-in in such lists to participate in them. We will also make sure that there will be always available transparent and reliable means for you to unsubscribe at any moment from such lists.
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us at email@example.com .
If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.
You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. Except as may be expressly specified otherwise by SocioBright Ltd with respect to paid portions of the Services, we reserve the right to add, change, suspend or discontinue the Services, or any aspect or feature of the Services, without notice or liability.
2.12. How to contact us
2.13. Last Revision Date
This document was last revised on August 8th, 2021.